As the central operator of an IBM i system, you should periodically check how the system is running. This course describes the tools available to you for examining the system's status and what you should look for to spot potential problems.
Approximate Study Time: 90 minutes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the IBM i displays that you should use to check on jobs, output, printers, devices, communications, and system status
- Specify what operator intervention, if any, is required when given a system display or message
- Display and respond to messages directed to the system operator
- Locate additional information about an error message
- Display the system history log
Why Monitoring the System Is Important
Checking the System Status
Checking on Jobs
Checking on Output
Checking for Messages
Checking the System Clock
This course should be taken by the person responsible for the physical operation of the computer system. This person may be a dedicated operator or a designated user.
This course assumes that you can perform basic IBM i operations. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the courses from following Manta series:
- The Introduction to the IBM i Environment series
In addition, you should have completed the previous courses of this series:
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.