This course shows how to use Navigator for i to perform common IBM i operator tasks involving work management. The course begins by showing you how to control job and output queues. You will see how to hold, release, and clear these queues and display their properties. Controlling subsystems is covered next, including how to start and stop a subsystem, display its properties, and view the job queues and memory pools it is assigned.
The course then describes Navigator for i facilities for monitoring your system. First you will see how to display execution statistics for a job, including its CPU usage. Then you will see how to display detailed system status information, including the web console dashboard.
Approximate Study Time: 90 minutes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Display the contents of a job or an output queue
- Hold, release, or clear a job or an output queue
- Display the properties of a job or an output queue
- Display a list of the writers using an output queue
- Display a list of the subsystems and their status
- Display a list of the jobs running in a subsystem
- Display the properties of a subsystem
- Display a list of the job queues associated with a subsystem
- Start and stop a subsystem
- Display detailed information and performance statistics about active jobs
- Determine the allocation of system memory pools and list the job or subsystems using each pool
- Identify the purpose of each system memory pool
- Display comprehensive system status information
- Examine the status of the disk devices attached to your system
- Display a chart showing basic health indicators for key system resources
Managing Job Queues
Managing Output Queues
Displaying Job Information
Displaying Memory Pool Information
Displaying System Status Information
This course should be taken by the person responsible for the operation of an IBM i system. This person may be a dedicated operator, a system administrator, or a designated user.
This course assumes that you understand IBM i concepts and can perform basic operational tasks using IBM Navigator for i. You can satisfy these prerequisites by successfully completing the Introduction to the IBM i Environment series. You should have also completed the previous courses of this series:
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.