Structured Query Language (SQL) is a standardized language for defining and manipulating data in a relational database, such as the Db2 database found on an IBM i system. This course provides an introduction to SQL and describes the SQL statements to:
- Define queries
- Change the contents of a file
- Create and delete libraries and files
You will also see how to use Interactive SQL to enter and run SQL statements.
Approximate Study Time: 2 1/2 hours
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the components of the Db2 Query Manager and SQL Development Kit
- Use and define SQL terminology
- Identify the Db2 objects to which SQL terms are mapped
- Use Interactive SQL to execute an SQL statement
- Use the SQL SELECT statement to define a query that
- Returns all records from a file and all fields from each record
- Returns only selected records from a file
- Returns only selected fields from returned records
- Returns records from a file in a specified order
- Generates and returns summary data
- Joins data from two or more files
- Uses a subquery
- Code the SQL statements required to add, delete, and change the data in a database
- Code the SQL statements required to create libraries and files
- Code the SQL statements required to delete libraries and files
Introduction to SQL
Defining and Running a Basic Query
Advanced Querying Capabilities
Making Changes to the Contents of a File
Creating and Deleted SQL Objects
This course is intended primarily for programmers, but can be taken by anyone interested in learning how to use SQL to work with a Db2 database.
This course assumes that you have a working knowledge of basic IBM i concepts and facilities. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the courses in the following series:
The course also assume you familiar with IBM i programming concepts and facilities. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the courses in the following series:
If you feel you already have the necessary skills, you can verify your belief by successfully completing the Competency Exams for these series.
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.