This course describes how to perform data transfers using System i Access for Windows.
You will see how to download IBM i data to your PC and how to upload data from your PC to an IBM i system. The course describes the various options that control and affect a data transfer, and it shows how to execute a previously saved data transfer request.
Approximate Study Time: 2 hours
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define and use data transfer terminology
- Perform a data download operation
- Perform a data download operation that uses multiple IBM i files as input
- Manipulate a file being downloaded in the following ways:
- Extract specified fields from each record
- Extract specified records from the file
- Create summary records from the file
- Change the order of records
- Perform a data upload operation
- Save a data transfer request
- Execute a previously saved data transfer request
- Create a desktop icon for a data transfer request
- Display and change data transfer properties
- Use commands to execute batch transfer requests
Introduction to File Transfers
Performing a Basic Download Operation
Advanced Options for Download Operations
Uploading Files to an IBM i System
Saving and Executing File Transfer Requests
This course should be taken by anyone who wants to use System i Access for Windows to transfer data between a PC and an IBM i system.
This course assumes you are familiar with both the Windows and IBM i environments. The IBM i-related prerequisites are covered in the Manta series Introduction to the IBM i Environment.
This course assumes you are familiar with basic System i Access functions and terminology. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the first course of this series:
You may also have obtained these skills by taking other courses or through relevant work experience.
© Copyright 2023 Manta Technologies. All Rights Reserved.