This course describes how to implement job accounting on your system.
The course begins by describing the general concepts of job accounting. You will see how job accounting information can be used and what information is recorded for each job. The course next describes how to enable job accounting on your system. This discussion includes an overview of journal management. The course ends by describing how to examine the job accounting data.
Approximate Study Time: 60 minutes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the function of job accounting
- List the steps the system uses in determining the accounting code for a job
- List the steps required to set up job accounting
- Create a journal receiver for the accounting journal
- Create the accounting journal
- Enable job accounting
- Create a database file to which job accounting data can be copied
- Copy data from the accounting journal to a database file
Job Accounting Overview
Setting Up Job Accounting
Processing Job Accounting Data
This course is intended for anyone responsible for managing the system activity of an IBM i system. System administrators, system programmers, and system operators would be personnel operating in this job capacity.
This course assumes that you have a basic knowledge of IBM i facilities. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the courses in the Introduction to the IBM i Environment series.
In addition, you should have an understanding of IBM i work management concepts and system values. You can satisfy these prerequisites by successfully completing the first two courses of this series: