This course describes how to manage several object types that play an important role in work management: job descriptions, job classes, job queues and output queues.
The course begins by describing various tasks you can perform in managing job descriptions. You see how to create, display, change, and delete a job description. The course then shows how to perform these same tasks for job classes. The course ends by describing how to create job queues and output queues.
Approximate Study Time: 90 minutes
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Name and describe the values that are stored in a job description
- Create, copy, display, modify, and delete a job description
- Name and describe the values that are stored in a job class
- Create, copy, display, modify, and delete a job class
- Create and delete a job queue
- Name and describe the attributes that define an output queue
- Create, copy, modify, and delete an output queue
Working with Job Descriptions
Working with Job Classes
Working with Job Queues
Working with Output Queues
This course is intended for anyone responsible for managing the system activity of an IBM i system. System administrators, system programmers, and system operators would be personnel operating in this job capacity.
This course assumes that you have a basic knowledge of IBM i facilities. You can satisfy this prerequisite by successfully completing the courses in the Introduction to the IBM i Environment series.
In addition, you should have an understanding of IBM i work management concepts and system values. You can satisfy these prerequisites by successfully completing the first two courses of this series: